Create and Submit New Initiative
- Before creating an Initiative please refresh your page to ensure your P1 authentication has not timed out before creating an Initiative.
- If you need to navigate out of the create Initiative process before you are finished, you can save your Initiative as a draft on the review submission page. You will need the following required fields in order to save as a draft:
- The organization you are submitting to
- Log in to the application
- On the left navigation menu select Initiatives
- The sub-menu will expand and user will select Create
- User will click Begin
Initiative creation process
- User provides the Initiative Title (Required)
- Note it cannot be more than 140 characters.
- User provides the Synopsis (Required)
- Provide one sentence in your own words that you would use to explain your initiative to a stranger in an elevator.
- User provides the problem
- Describe the problem, 1-3 sentences.
- User provides the solution
- Describe the solution, 1-3 sentences.
- User selects as many ROIs as necessary for the initiative. User can also add an additional ROI if they don’t see an ROI available.
- Users will be able to add/remove additional ROIs once the Initiative has been submitted
Adding team members
- User will be able to search and select multiple team members to add to the initiative
- Team members must already have a VISION login before being able to add them to the initiative due to a P1 restriction that prevents emails being sent out from the application
- Once a team members name is selected the email address will turn blue
- If a user wants to unselect a team member they can click out of the drop down and each team member will have the remove capability (x) on the email that will remove the email
- User can provide a message to all team members
- This message will be an in app message that is displayed on the notification page for the team member receiving the notification
- Users will be able to add files to their initiative by clicking or dragging files into the file upload box
- Once added to the file upload box the user will confirm they would like to upload the identified files by clicking Upload
- The document(s) will then appear in the table which will give users the option to add a document name and description to the document
- Users can remove any document by clicking the (x) at the end of each document row
- The information icon will display the permitted file types
- Users will select the organization they are submitting their initiative to (Required)
- Please choose the organization you want your initiative to be submitted to – ex. MAJCOM, Spark Cell, etc. Once submitted, your project will be reviewed and the organization will respond in a timely manner. If you experience any issues or delays, you can reach out to your Initiative POC or email us at email@example.com
- Users can also use the expansion arrow on the right hand side of an organization’s name to see where that organization is located in the organization ancestry
Review and submit initiative
- Users review all information provided on the creation process
- If there are any required fields missing, the user will be provided with a notification that states “Please provide value for the required fields.”
- User can edit any field by clicking the edit icon or by selecting the circled number in the pipeline at the top of the page.
- Users can save a initiative as a draft by clicking Save As Draft
- Users can submit the initiative by clicking Submit Initiative
- Users then receive the submission page that lets users know that the manager of the organization they submitted their initiative to will now review the submission
- The user will be notified when the status of the Initiative has changed
For Additional Support